At eBay, we’re constantly improving our advertising tools for sellers. Promoted Listings (PL) creates powerful opportunities for sellers to put their items in front of more buyers, increasing visibility of their inventory across the global eBay marketplace. The latest enhancement in eBay’s advertising portfolio is the improved Advertising dashboard, which combines a technological upgrade with significant user experience improvements.
Sellers now have a more cohesive, streamlined view of their advertising reach, spend and other metrics, making it easier for them to choose the best decisions for their business. Whether they want to do a deep dive into data or see results at a glance, they can use eBay’s advertising tools with confidence.
- An improved user experience for sellers using Promoted Listings in Seller Hub;
- Access to additional advertising metrics, such as click-through rates, average sold ad rates, sales conversion rates and more; and
- Increased transparency and benchmarking to enhance sellers' confidence in Promoted Listings, including organic performance data they can compare with their Promoted Listings data.
The Dashboard — Past and Present
Our previous dashboard was a helpful tool for our sellers; however, we felt there was an opportunity to expand the data surfaced so that it would be easier for them to gain a broader perspective on their overall performance of their Promoted Listings.
We launched our upgraded Advertising dashboard in 2020 to make it easier for sellers to check their Promoted Listings performance. Currently, this dashboard is available to qualified sellers on the desktop experience in Seller Hub.
Enhanced Metrics Visualization and Experience
The Advertising dashboard gives sellers access to detailed Promoted Listings campaign metrics and sales reports so they can easily track performance and make improvements to their campaigns. Using a variety of insights and performance data, they can do what’s best for them and their business from the convenience of a single page.
- Overview metrics: Sellers can quickly understand their performance using calculated metrics to see the overall health of their Promoted Listings campaigns.
- Data visualization: Easily toggling between Campaigns, Metrics and Time Period filters helps sellers see their performance trends over time and analyze the effectiveness of campaign changes.
- Faster load times: A progressive rendering feature enables sequential rendering of portions of the webpage without waiting for the whole page to load, leading to a more streamlined experience.
- Better integration into Seller Hub: The upgraded Advertising dashboard is seamlessly embedded into Seller Hub, providing simpler notifications and navigation between pages, as well as making it easier for sellers to check their advertising performance.
Now sellers can quickly compare Promoted Listings and organic performance for all of their promoted items.
Here “Organic impressions (promoted)” refers to the number of times sellers' promoted listings appeared in an organic placement on an eBay site versus in a promoted placement. This can help sellers benchmark their performance and see the impact of Promoted Listings on their impressions, clicks and sales metrics.
Finally, to help ease sellers into this upgraded dashboard experience, we created a helpful onboarding tour that highlights the major changes and features on the page. Sellers can access the tour at any time when they have questions, or need some extra guidance on how to navigate their dashboard. (Click on the “Take tour” link located on the upper right corner of the dashboard next to the “Create campaign” button.)
Listening to Sellers
This enhancement is part of our ongoing commitment to eBay sellers. As Serban (blueshop.ita, Italy) mentioned, “I congratulate you for the new sponsorship system! Really very nice, useful and intuitive to use!” While Raffaele (raffcris_52, Italy) said of the dashboard, “beautiful and better visibility.” By consistently seeking seller feedback, eBay has continued to enhance the dashboard page since its initial launch.
A Foundation for the Future
In 2021 and beyond, we will continue to build a best-in-class advertising toolset and user experience, creating tremendous opportunity for our sellers to scale their businesses.
Want to learn more about reviewing Promoted Listings campaign data with confidence? Click here.
Learn about all our latest advertising innovations on the eBay Ads blog.